Latest Event Updates
#1 Parks Canada
Pudding Eating Contest
13 years old and up
#1 Leigha Auld
#2 Nikki Delisle
9 to 12 years old
#2 Jack Kemps
6 to 8 years old
#2 Koen Lefevre
Nail, Sail, Bail
Team Terrific: Kalyn Johnson, Dylan Livingstone, Austin Oye, Ken Johnson
Baby Crawling Contest
#1 Phoenix Gillmor
#2 Ned Clouthier
Wife Carrying Contest
#2 Ukee Love
#3 Suicide Squad
Logger Sports are not only for professional!
Sunday July 24 3:30pm-4:30pm
KIDS NAIL DRIVE
KIDS CHOKER RACE
KIDS SAW RACE
You can also sign-up at the Community Center or at the Fairgrounds!
Wife Carrying Contest Rules
Sunday, July 24th 2:30 pm
- The team completing the course in the fastest time wins the grand prize and is crowned “King” and “Queen” of Ukee or the “Duke” and “Duchess” of Ukee.
- The team has to register by Saturday, July 24th at 12:00 pm. NO EXECPTIONS.
- Teams will consist of two members, one “Wife” and one “Husband”. For the purpose of this contest, the Wife shall be the contestant being carried, and the Husband will be the contestant doing the carrying, “regardless of the actual marital status or gender.”
- Partners in the contest do not have to be married – as stated in the Wife Carrying Contest Official Rules -“a contestant may carry his own wife, his neighbour’s wife, or someone found ‘further afield’”.
- Both the contestants must be 19 years or older.
- Dropping your wife or falling will incur a 10 second penalty in the contest and perhaps additional penalties from your wife after the race.
- Husbands may carry their wives any way they choose, however it must be by their own power – no foreign object (like wheelbarrows or harnesses) will be allowed.
- All contestants must wear pants and a smile. Other articles of clothing may be substituted for pants, but smiling and having fun are non-negotiable.
- “Wives” must wear a helmet.
- Inflatable wives will be disqualified.
- All contestants must wear closed toed shoes or they will be disqualified. NO FLIP FLOPS or similar are allowed.
- Victory dances are highly encouraged but not mandatory.
Fill out the form and bring it at the Ucluelet Community Center prior to Ukee Days or at the Ukee Days fairgrounds.
See you at the Fairgrounds!